Regardless of your relationship status or attitude towards the holiday, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner - but if you’re single or looking to focus more on self love on this holiday, that doesn’t have to be a bad thing! Here are 5 MIA-approved ways to practice self love on this holiday!
Create a positive mantra
- This is a simple, yet proven way to boost your confidence and get you feeling good as hell - create a mantra that speaks to you best (examples: “all that I seek is already within me”, “I love myself, I believe in myself, I support myself”, “I am in the process of becoming the best version of myself”, et cetera). Find a practice that works for you, whether it be taping your affirmations to the mirror, reading them aloud in the mornings, or writing them down in a gratitude journal!
Spoil yourself a little bit
- Practice the art of being your own Valentine - take yourself out to dinner at your favorite restaurant, buy yourself presents - romance yourself, because Valentine’s day shouldn’t be all about romantic love; rather, it should be about celebrating all forms of love!
Have a spa night
- Self-care is one of the most pivotal forms of self-love, so what better way to honor yourself on Valentine’s Day than to partake in a luxurious spa night? DIY a CBD face mask (these are some of our favorites), give yourself a mani-pedi, and set the mood with candles or your favorite essential oil, a playlist of your favorite songs, and a glass of
Take a lavender bath
- Start with some dried lavender and mix it into a warm bathtub - it’s as easy as that! If you don’t want the stray lavender buds floating around in your water, simply tie them in a bundle with cheesecloth and add the bundle to your bath. Light some candles, relax, and enjoy!
Send yourself (or a friend) flowers
- Take a cue from Cher in Clueless or Jackie from That 70’s Show and practice self-love through this typically romantic gesture. Who said you have to wait to be sent flowers on Valentine’s Day, after all? Use Valentine’s Day (or any day, for that matter) as an opportunity to shower yourself with love and appreciation. You deserve it, after all!
What are some ways that you choose to honor and love yourself, both on Valentine’s Day and throughout the rest of the year? Feel free to let us know in the comments!